At The Canberra Rex Hotel the privacy and confidentiality of user information is important. We are committed to maintaining the privacy of your user information. We may update this policy from time to time, so please check here frequently.
We understand that booking online involves significant trust on your part. We value your trust, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Please read this policy to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting this website, you are accepting the practices described herein. If you do not agree with the practices described in this policy please do not use this website or submit your personal information to us.
What information is collected about you? How do we use it?
We take the utmost care to ensure that the Personal Information we obtain from you is not used in a way that you may be unaware of or are not agreeable to. You may wish to submit an information request about The Canberra Rex Hotel, participate in one of our promotions or subscribe to our e-mail or postal mail lists. In response, we may ask for information such as your name, email or postal address. In the event you opt to provide us with this information, we will only use it for the purpose specified by you at the bottom of the information gathering form.
Information collected on the Site may be used to:
- Register you as a hotel member
- Plan and purchase hotel accommodations
- Enter your email in our promotions or sweepstakes
- Send marketing communications or surveys to you
- Respond to your questions or suggestions
- Improve the quality of your visit to the site
Withdrawing Consent to Use.
We do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information with any other party including any non-affiliated third-party joint promoters, nor do we use it for unapproved commercial purposes.
Permission for Use.
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities on our website. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about hotel related interests if you consented to receiving email marketing communications. Where legally required, we will abide by existing publicly available opt-out lists when sending you marketing communications. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about special offers available through our website. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
Travel Companion Information.
When you make a reservation for someone else through this website, we will request personal information and travel preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and travel preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account.
If you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
The Canberra Rex Hotel has three exceptions to these limits on use of personal information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company, this website or our Apps, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- Where we believe that it is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Children’s Privacy and Mentally Incompetent Individuals.
Please be aware that The Canberra Rex Hotel has not designed the Site for, and does not intend for it to be used by, anyone under age 18, or anyone who has been declared by a court of law to be mentally incompetent. Accordingly, this Site should not be used by anyone under age 18 or who has been declared by a court of law to be mentally incompetent.
Links Provided To Other Sites.
The Canberra Rex Hotel may provide links to a number of other web sites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as The Canberra Rex Hotel. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any web site owners whose sites may be reached through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those web sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling those sites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
Policy Modifications & Contacting Hotel.
How you can contact us.
150 Northbourne Avenue Canberra City, ACT 2601
PHONE: 02 6248 5311 FAX: 02 6248 8357
Hotel Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org